Extensive Reading - revised edition is the ideal companion for teachers who would like to add the substantial benefirs of extensive reading to their language programmes. It explains the research that shows how reading for pleasure helps learners to improve their English, and guides teachers through the different approaches they can use, focusing on:
- The importance of extensive free reading
- How extensive reading materials are developed and how to choose the right graded readers for the class
- Introducing and exploiting class readers
- Developing class libraries
- Setting up and running reading circles
In addition, five extensive reading case studies describe projects in a range of learning environments.
Extra resources are available on the website: www.oup.com/elt/teacher/itc