With Programming ASP.NET 3.5, you'll quickly learn to create state-of-the-art applications using Microsoft's popular web development technology and Visual Studio 2008. This updated bestseller provides comprehensive and easy-to-understand information to help you use several .NET 3.5 technologies for faster development and better web application performance-including ASP.NET AJAX for interactive user interfaces, LINQ for data access, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for web services.
Programming ASP.NET 3.5 includes examples and sample code that let you explore development with ASP.NET in more depth. With this book, you will:
- Learn about AJAX and ASP.NET server controls included with Visual Studio 2008
- Discover how to use the DataSource and data-bound controls in ADO.NET
- Use the new LINQ API and learn how to make use of it within ASP.NET pages
- Create a uniform look and feel throughout your application with Master Pages
- Use navigation controls to build site maps, menus, and breadcrumbs quickly and easily
- Build and use various web services with WCF
- Detect errors during development and handle them in your production code
- Learn how to configure and deploy your website
Written by Microsoft technology experts Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Dan Maharry, Programming ASP.NET 3.5 is the best book for learning how to build dynamic, interactive web applications using Microsoft's latest technologies.