Learn how to customize websites with XOOPS, the open source CMS that helps non-developers build dynamic community websites, intranets, and other applications. This concise book shows you how to use XOOPS themes and modules to design everything from simple blogs to large database-driven CMS portals.
Web designers and current XOOPS users will learn how to create a site theme with CSS and jQuery libraries, including techniques for making additional modules conform to the site's look and feel. Although XOOPS uses the PHP-based Smarty templating system, all you need is a bit of XHTML and CSS experience to get started.
- Learn the workflow for turning an idea into a full-featured website
- Become familiar with XOOPS... theme-building tools, and set up PHP and MySQL environments
- Port an existing XHTML template to XOOPS
- Create themes with the 960 Grid System to save time and reduce code
- Use jQuery-based UI libraries to achieve complex effects
- Blend new modules into your theme with the template override function
- Go beyond traditional block layouts to customize your homepage