While it's always been possible to run Java applications on Amazon EC2, Amazon's Elastic Beanstalk makes the process easier-especially if you understand how it works beneath the surface. This concise, hands-on book not only walks you through Beanstalk for deploying and managing web applications in the cloud, you'll also learn how to use this AWS tool in other phases of development.
Ideal if you're a developer familiar with Java applications or AWS, Elastic Beanstalk provides step-by-step instructions and numerous code samples for building cloud applications on Beanstalk that can handle lots of traffic. Learn how to use Beanstalk with the Eclipse IDE, Hudson for continuous integration, and several AWS tools for load balancing, auto scaling, storage, and other services.
- Learn how Beanstalk provides an entry into Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Design your Java web application for the cloud-and for Beanstalk
- Get an overview of AWS services that power Beanstalk, and learn how to use them independently
- Use Beanstalk to set up your development, testing, production, and staging environments
- Learn advanced hacking techniques for customizing Beanstalk