The Best of TOC New York 2012
The acceleration of change and innovation in the publishing industry today is dizzying, and the pace can be overwhelming. At O...Reilly...s TOC New York Conference in February 2012, practitioners and executives from the publishing and tech industries joined together to navigate the ongoing transformation. With this video compilation, you...ll get a seat in the front row of every session at this groundbreaking conference.
Watch stirring keynotes from luminaries such as LeVar Burton (RRKidz), Tim Carmody (Wired), and Judith Curr (Atria Books). Then take in practical and inspiring sessions in three tracks: Manage, Make, and Market. Download these videos or view them through our HD player, and learn about the innovations rocking every aspect of the art, craft, and business of publishing in the 21st century.
Here are just a few of the sessions you...ll receive in this video package:
- Hippo in Ballet Shoes, Or Greyhound on the Track? Applying Agile Methodologies to Traditional Publishing-Kristen McLean (Bookigee)
- You...ve Decided The Cloud Is Right For Your Organization. Now the Hard Part-Jonathan Reichental (City of Palo Alto, California)
- Minimum Viable (Publishing) Product-Todd Sattersten (BizBookLab)
- Case Study: Experimenting with Print-to-Digital Publishing Models-Ana Vela (National Geographic Learning)
- InDesign to EPUB: The Basics and Beyond-Anne-Marie Concepcion (Seneca Design & Training, Inc.)
- Using WordPress for Digital Workflows and More-Kirk Biglione (Oxford Media Works), Hugh McGuire (PressBooks / LibriVox / Iambik )
- Margin Walking: How Annotation Technology Reinvents and Renews the Book-Joe Wikert (O'Reilly Media, Inc.), Seth Kaufman (Copia Interactive)
- Keplers2020: Building the Community Bookstore of the 21st Century-Thad McIlroy (TheFutureofPublishing.com), Praveen Madan (Keplers2020, Booksmith)
- Creating A Strong Youth Media Brand-Frederik Wiedemann (ReD Associates), Kasper Tostesen (Danish Broadcasting Corporation)
- Consumer Attitudes toward E-Book Reading-Len Vlahos (Book Industry Study Group), Kelly Gallagher (RR Bowker)