Stuck with bugs, performance problems, crashes, data corruption, and puzzling output? If you...re a database programmer or DBA, they...re part of your life. The trick is knowing how to quickly recover from them. This unique, example-packed book shows you how to handle an array of vexing problems when working with MySQL.
Written by a principal technical support engineer at Oracle, MySQL Troubleshooting provides the background, tools, and expert steps for solving problems from simple to complex-whether data you thought you inserted doesn...t turn up in a query, or the entire database is corrupt because of a server failure. With this book in hand, you...ll work with more confidence.
- Understand the source of a problem, even when the solution is simple
- Handle problems that occur when applications run in multiple threads
- Debug and fix problems caused by configuration options
- Discover how operating system tuning can affect your server
- Use troubleshooting techniques specific to replication issues
- Get a reference to additional troubleshooting techniques and tools, including third-party solutions
- Learn best practices for safe and effective troubleshooting-and for preventing problems