Run your entire corporate IT infrastructure in a cloud environment that you control completely-and do it inexpensively and securely with help from this hands-on book. All you need to get started is basic IT experience.
You...ll learn how to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build a private Windows domain, complete with Active Directory, enterprise email, instant messaging, IP telephony, automated management, and other services. By the end of the book, you...ll have a fully functioning IT infrastructure you can operate for less than $300 per month.
- Learn about Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and other AWS tools you...ll use
- Create a Windows domain and set up a DNS management system
- Install Active Directory and a Windows Primary Domain Controller
- Use Microsoft Exchange to set up an enterprise email service
- Import existing Windows Server-based virtual machines into your VPC
- Set up an enterprise-class chat/IM service, using the XMPP protocol
- Install and configure a VoIP PBX telephony system with Asterisk and FreePBX
- Keep your network running smoothly with automated backup and restore, intrusion detection, and fault alerting