Walk through the basics of Tornado, the high-performance web server known for its speed, simplicity, and scalability on projects large and small. With this hands-on guide, you...ll learn how to use Tornado...s acclaimed features by working with several example applications. You also get best practices for using Tornado in the real world.
Are you interested in creating a scalable social application, real-time analytics engine, or RESTful API-all with the power and simplicity of Python? This book shows you why Tornado is fantastic choice for writing powerful applications that are simple to create, extend, and deploy.
- Learn how to use Tornado...s lightweight and flexible templating language
- Extend templates to repurpose headers, footers, layout grids, and other content
- Use persistent storage like MongoDB to store, serve, and edit dynamic content
- Explore Tornado...s ability to make asynchronous web requests
- Secure your application against cookie and request vulnerabilities
- Authenticate with external services, using Tornado...s auth module
- Adopt deployment strategies that help harden your application and increase request throughput