Use your C# skills to build your next website with Orchard, the popular content management system based on ASP.NET MVC. With step-by-step guidance, you...ll learn your way around the Orchard environment by constructing a complete, real-world site throughout the course of this book. You...ll create, manage, and display dynamic content with out-of-the-box functionality, and then build themes, modules, and widgets to customize the site.
Author John Zablocki gets you started by showing you how to obtain and compile the Orchard source code, so you can more efficiently customize and manage the sites you create.
- Create or extend Orchard content types to manage dynamic content
- Use alternate templates to change the way Orchard displays content
- Design a theme to define your website...s look and feel
- Build custom modules when the Orchard Gallery doesn...t have extensions you need
- Create reusable content pieces by creating widgets
- Explore options for adding multi-language support to a site
- Learn hosting options for your Orchard sites, including the cloud
- Package your custom themes and modules to share in Orchard Gallery