The recent digital and mobile revolutions are a minor blip compared to the next wave of technological change, as everything from robot swarms to skin-top embeddable computers and bio printable organs start appearing in coming years. In this collection of inspiring essays, designers, engineers, and researchers discuss their approaches to experience design for groundbreaking technologies.
Design not only provides the framework for how technology works and how it...s used, but also places it in a broader context that includes the total ecosystem with which it interacts and the possibility of unintended consequences. If you...re a UX designer or engineer open to complexity and dissonant ideas, this book is a revelation.
- Stephen Anderson, PoetPainter, LLC
- Lisa Caldwell, Brazen UX
- Martin Charlier, Independent Design Consultant
- Jeff Faneuff, Carbonite
- Andy Goodman, Fjord US
- Camille Goudeseune, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bill Hartman, Essential Design
- Steven Keating, MIT Media Lab, Mediated Matter Group
- Brook Kennedy, Virginia Tech
- Dirk Knemeyer, Involution Studios
- Barry Kudrowitz, University of Minnesota
- Gershom Kutliroff, Omek Studio at Intel
- Michal Levin, Google
- Matt Nish-Lapidus, Normative
- Erin Rae Hoffer, Autodesk
- Marco Righetto, SumAll
- Juhan Sonin, Involution Studios
- Scott Stropkay, Essential Design
- Scott Sullivan, Adaptive Path
- Hunter Whitney, Hunter Whitney and Associates, Inc.
- Yaron Yanai, Omek Studio at Intel