Model, map, and access data effectively with Entity Framework Core 2, the latest evolution of Microsoft’s object-relational mapping framework. You will access data utilizing .NET objects via the most common data access layer used in ASP.NET Core MVC 2 projects.
Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from Entity Framework Core 2 in MVC projects. He begins by describing the different ways that Entity Framework Core 2 can model data and the different types of databases that can be used. He then shows you how to use Entity Framework Core 2 in your own MVC projects, starting from the nuts and bolts and building up to the most advanced and sophisticated features, going in-depth to give you the knowledge you need. Chapters include common problems and how to avoid them.
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of Entity Framework Core 2
- Create databases using your MVC data model
- Create MVC models using an existing database
- Access data in an MVC application using Entity Framework Core 2
- Use Entity Framework in RESTful Web Services
Who This Book Is For
ASP.NET Core MVC 2 developers who want to use Entity Framework Core 2 as the data access layer in their projects