Get quick answers for developing and debugging applications with Swift, Apple...s multi-paradigm programming language. Updated to cover the latest features in Swift 2.0, this pocket reference is the perfect on-the-job tool for learning Swift...s modern language features, including type safety, generics, type inference, closures, tuples, automatic memory management, and support for Unicode.
Designed to work with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, Swift can be used in tandem with Objective-C, and either language can call APIs implemented in the other. Swift is still evolving, but Apple clearly sees it as the future language of choice for iOS and OS X software development.
- Supported data types, such as strings, arrays, array slices, sets, and dictionaries
- Program flow: loops, conditional execution, and error handling
- Classes, structures, enumerations, and functions
- Protocols, extensions, and generics
- Memory management
- Closures: similar to blocks in Objective-C and lambdas in C#
- Optionals: values that can explicitly have no value
- Operators, operator overloading, and custom operators
- Access control: restricting access to types, methods, and properties
- Ranges, intervals, and strides
- A full list of built-in global functions and their parameter requirements