Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa Touch framework, and Swift 3-the latest version of Apple...s acclaimed programming language. With this thoroughly updated guide, you...ll learn Swift...s object-oriented concepts, understand how to use Apple...s development tools, and discover how Cocoa provides the underlying functionality iOS apps need to have.
- Explore Swift...s object-oriented concepts: variables and functions, scopes and namespaces, object types and instances
- Become familiar with built-in Swift types such as numbers, strings, ranges, tuples, Optionals, arrays, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn how to declare, instantiate, and customize Swift object types: enums, structs, and classes
- Discover powerful Swift features such as protocols and generics
- Catch up on Swift 3 innovations: revised APIs, new Foundation bridged types, and more
- Tour the lifecycle of an Xcode project from inception to App Store-including Xcode...s new automatic code signing and debugging features
- Construct app interfaces with the nib editor, Interface Builder
- Understand Cocoa...s event-driven model and its major design patterns and features
- Find out how Swift communicates with Cocoa...s C and Objective-C APIs
Once you master the fundamentals, you...ll be ready to tackle the details of iOS app development with author Matt Neuburg...s companion guide, Programming iOS 10.