If IPv6 is to be adopted on a large scale, the applications running on desktop systems, laptops, and even mobile devices need to work just as well with this protocol as they do with IPv4. This concise book takes you beyond the network layer and helps you explore the issues you need to address if you are to successfully migrate your apps to IPv6. It's ideal for application developers, system/network architects, product managers, and others involved in moving your network to IPv6.
- Explore changes you need to make in your application's user interface
- Make sure your application is retrieving correct information from DNS
- Evaluate your app...s ability to store and process both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses
- Determine if your app exposes or consumes APIs where there are IP address format dependencies
- Work with the network layer to ensure the transport of messages to and from your app
- Incorporate IPv6 testing into your plans, and use the correct IPv6 addresses in your documentation