Take resource-oriented computing out for a spin with this hands-on introduction to NetKernel, and discover how ROC can improve the way you design and implement software and software systems. Learn how ROC...s new approach combines core ideas from the REST architectural style with the Unix development model. By using NetKernel to create and then string simple services together, you can develop complex systems that scale as easily as the Internet does. Author Tom Geudens helps you create several NetKernel modules right away, and then walks you through the results to demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Create, test, and document Netkernel modules from scratch
- Learn the basic principles of ROC...s abstract computing model
- Design an interface in NetKernel that lets you insert, update, delete, and select actions in MongoDB
- Use the Visualizer to trace information about root requests processed by NetKernel
- Handle resource requests with DPML-NetKernel...s Declarative-Request Process Markup Language
- Compose modular XML documents with the XML Recursion Language (XRL)
- Build solutions using nCoDE in NetKernel...s visual editor