Create dynamic business intelligence (BI) solutions for SharePoint faster and with more capabilities than previously possible. With this book, you...ll learn the entire process-from high-level concepts to development and deployment-for building data-rich BI applications with Visual Studio LightSwitch, SQL Server 2012, and a host of related Microsoft technologies.
You...ll learn practical techniques and patterns necessary to use all of these technologies together as you build an example application through the course of the book, step by step. Discover how to solve real problems, using BI solutions that will evolve to meet future needs.
- Learn the fundamentals of SharePoint, LightSwitch, and SQL Server 2012
- Get a solid grounding in BI application basics and database design principles
- Use LightSwitch to build a help desk app, including data model design and SharePoint data integration
- Build a tabular cube with Microsoft...s Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM)
- Dive into the data visualization stack, including Excel and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Create reports with Excel Services, Report Builder, and PowerView
- Use tips and tricks for setting up your BI application development environment