If you want your Drupal website to work well on smartphones, tablets, and desktops, this practical guide shows you how to incorporate Responsive Web Design (RWD) with specific Drupal 7 themes. You...ll learn how to create attractive, easy-to-navigate layouts for everything from tiny phone screens to 30-inch desktop monitors-all with the same codebase.
Ideal for experienced Drupal developers, this book takes you through RWD basics and shows you how to build sites based on Aurora, Zen, and Omega-three popular base themes created by Drupal contributors. Whether you...re creating a new site with RWD or adapting an existing one, you...ll learn how to become a better, more efficient Drupal themer.
- Understand how Responsive Web Design and CSS media queries work
- Learn how the Sass stylesheet language and Compass framework support RWD
- Adopt a mobile-first approach to RWD-and learn why it...s important
- Get step-by-step instructions for creating custom subthemes on top of Aurora, Zen, and Omega
- Tackle common problems when building and theming responsive Drupal sites
- Explore alternative options for accommodating smartphone and tablet users