Why use Joomla? Because with Joomla you don't need to have any technical expertise or web design experience to create effective websites and web apps. Whether you're creating your first website or building a multi-function site for a client, this book provides straightforward, hands-on instruction that makes it easy to learn this open source web content management system.
Written by members of the Joomla Leadership Team, Using Joomla helps newcomers quickly learn the basics, while developers with Joomla experience will pick up best practices for building more sophisticated websites. You'll also find more than a dozen ways to extend the functionality of existing Joomla-built websites. Start building with Joomla in minutes!
- Get guidelines for planning, creating, and organizing your content
- Understand how to create and use Joomla templates to build websites quickly
- Explore how components, modules, and plug-ins can extend your site's functionality
- Increase your site ranking by using Joomla best practices
- Use built-in components such as banners, news feeds, polls, search, and web links
- Set up an online store, calendar, photo gallery, discussion forum, and more
- Learn important security precautions to safeguard your site