Docker containers offer simpler, faster, and more robust methods for developing, distributing, and running software than previously available. With this hands-on guide, you...ll learn why containers are so important, what you...ll gain by adopting Docker, and how to make it part of your development process.
Ideal for developers, operations engineers, and system administrators-especially those keen to embrace a DevOps approach-Using Docker will take you from Docker and container basics to running dozens of containers on a multi-host system with networking and scheduling. The core of the book walks you through the steps needed to develop, test, and deploy a web application with Docker.
- Get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple web application
- Use Continuous Deployment techniques to push your application to production multiple times a day
- Learn various options and techniques for logging and monitoring multiple containers
- Examine networking and service discovery: how do containers find each other and how do you connect them?
- Orchestrate and cluster containers to address load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your system by following the principles of defense-in-depth and least privilege