Ready to make amazing games for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch? With Apple...s Swift programming language, it...s never been easier. This updated cookbook provides detailed recipes for a managing wide range of common iOS game-development issues, ranging from 2D and 3D math to SpriteKit and OpenGL to performance-all revised for Swift.
You get simple, direct solutions to common problems found in iOS game programming. Need to figure out how to give objects physical motion, or want a refresher on gaming-related math problems? This book provides sample projects and straightforward answers. All you need to get started is some familiarity with iOS development, Swift, and Objective-C.
- Design the architecture and code layout of your game
- Build and customize menus with UIKit
- Detect and respond to user input
- Use techniques to play sound effects and music
- Learn different ways to store information for later use
- Create 2D graphics with SpriteKit
- Create 3D graphics with SceneKit
- Add two-dimensional physics simulation
- Learn beginning, intermediate, and advanced 3D graphics with OpenGL
- Create challenges with artificial intelligence
- Take advantage of game controllers and external displays