Getting data across platforms and formats is a cornerstone of present-day applications development. ADO: ActiveX Data Objects is both an introduction and a complete reference to ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), Microsoft's universal data access solution. You'll learn how to easily access data in multiple formats--such as email messages, Access databases, Word documents, and SQL databases--even on different platforms, without spending extra time learning every last detail about each format.Author Jason Roff shows by example how to use ADO with your programming language of choice to save programming time, so you can concentrate on the content and quality of your application rather than the nitty-gritty of specific data formats.ADO: ActiveX Data Objects includes:
ADO: ActiveX Data Objects
- Chapters dedicated to the Connection, Recordset, Field, and Command objects and the Properties collection
- A complete, detailed reference listing every ADO object, method, property, and event, in convenient alphabetical order
- Chapters on ADO architecture, data shaping, the ADO Event Model
- An appendix containing enumeration tables used by ADO objects and collections, listed alphabetically
- Brief introductions to RDS, ADO.NET, and SQL
is a versatile one-stop guide to both the theory and practice of programming with ADO through Version 2.6. The thorough reference section and topic-specific chapters will help you find quick answers about the details of objects, collections, methods, and properties of ADO. And the abundance of practical code examples will give you a good grasp of how to use ADO's strong points most effectively.