Quicken is a convenient way to keep track of personal finances, but many people are unaware of Quicken's power and end up using only the basic features. Sometimes Quicken raises more questions than it answers: Return of capital from stock? Net worth? What are they and why do you need to know about them? Luckily, Quicken 2009: The Missing Manual picks up where Quicken's help resources leave off.
You'll find step-by-step instructions for using Quicken on your Windows PC, including useful features such as budgeting, recording investment transactions, and archiving Quicken data files. You also learn why and when to use specific features, and which ones would be most useful in a given situation. This book helps you:
- Set up Quicken to take care of your specific needs
- Follow your money from the moment you earn it
- Make deposits, pay for expenses, and track the things you own and how much you owe
- Take care of financial tasks online, and quickly reconcile your accounts
- Create and use budgets and track your investments
- Generate reports to prepare your tax returns and evaluate your financial fitness
And a lot more. Quicken 2009: The Missing Manual accommodates readers at every technical level, whether you're a first-time or advanced Quicken user. For a topic as important as your personal finances, why trust anything else?