It...s easy to make lots of programming mistakes in C++-in fact, any program over a few hundred lines is likely to contain bugs. With this book, you...ll learn about many common coding errors that C++ programmers produce, along with rules and strategies you can use to avoid them.
Author Vladimir Kushnir shows you how to use his Safe C++ library, based in part on programming practices developed by the C++ community. You...ll not only find recipes for identifying errors during your program...s compilation, runtime, and testing phases, you...ll learn a comprehensive approach for making your C++ code safe and bug-free.
- Get recipes for handling ten different error types, including memory leaks and uninitialized variables
- Discover problems C++ inherited from C, like pointer arithmetic
- Insert temporary and permanent sanity checks to catch errors at runtime
- Apply bug prevention techniques, such as using separate classes for each data type
- Pursue a testing strategy to hunt and fix one bug at a time-before your code goes into production